Boston STEM Lab is a hands-on program for children and their parents or caregivers. Through play and experimentation students learn about science and engineering in a fun and intuitive way. Classes are instructed by Eugenia Rojas – a neuroscientist PhD (learn more about Eugenia)
Our programs bring hands-on virtual STEM learning for children ages 3-5 and 5-8.
Upcoming class offerings (each session offers five classes):
– The atom (May 28 – June 25). Ages 5-8. Thursdays 2:30-3:15 pm ($80)
In this class our young scientists will explore the basic unit of matter, elements and the concepts of mass and density through experimentation, play, and engineering design.
– The senses (June 1 – 29). Ages 3-5. Mondays 2:30-3:15 pm ($80)
In this class our young scientists will explore the human senses through experimentation, play, and making.
Our STEM summer camp consists of six sessions offered twice a week over the course of three weeks. Classes are 45 min long
– Nature around us (July 6 – 23). Ages 5-8. Mondays and Thursdays 2:30 – 3:15 pm ($96)
In this class our young scientists will explore living organisms through experimentation, play and the making of models. Student will plant seeds and observe them grow to full plants, we will learn about insects and the habitat of a snail.
– Matter around us (July 6 – 23). Ages 3-5. Mondays and Thursdays 3:30 – 4:15 pm ($96)
In this class students will explore Earth elements and their chemistry. Students will learn about the states of matter and phase transitions, they will prepare mixtures by combining substances and their separation, and through experimentation, making of new things from scratch and doing science-art students will discover a new world.
– Engineering Challenges (July 27 and July 30)
In this class students learn the engineering design process as they face different engineering challenges in a two-class workshop.
- Ages 5-8: Two classes – Monday 7/27 and Thursday 7/30 @ 2:30 – 3:15 pm ($32)
- Ages 3-5: Two classes – Monday 7/27 and Thursday 7/30 @ 3:30 -4:15 pm ($32)